"Psychic Mode" for Adium?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
bburky
Latté

Postby bburky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:22 am

Another interesting feature that could be added is to prevent it. I suppose if when I'm about to talk to someone Adium still sends the typing notification to the other person's computer. You could have it as an option (I know, I know - NO MORE EXTRA PREFERENCES, etc.) to not send typing notifications for the first message of a chat.

Zeremus X
Crema

Postby Zeremus X » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:25 pm

This is just lsightly off topic but I remember there being a cool notification if someone closed the window. Maybe you could put both in at the same time?

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm

Zeremus X wrote:This is just lsightly off topic but I remember there being a cool notification if someone closed the window. Maybe you could put both in at the same time?

IIRC this was functionality inherent in older versions of the MSN protocol that has since been removed on all sides.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

AcidReign
Harmless

Postby AcidReign » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm sorry but I can't really follow the discussion. Is there going to be such a feature or plugin? I find that feature pretty interesting too...

AcidReign
Harmless

Postby AcidReign » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Is there anyone that can answer my question?

Tipo 61
Grandé

Postby Tipo 61 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:15 pm

No, by the looks of it, Adium had this fuctionality with joscar, but has since been removed (most likely with the switch to libgaim). And based on responses from the devs, I don't think it will be implemented.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:33 am

AcidReign wrote:I'm sorry but I can't really follow the discussion. Is there going to be such a feature or plugin? I find that feature pretty interesting too...

Please clarify what you are asking about because multiple topics are intertwined at this point and I'll reply.
Try my software!

AcidReign
Harmless

Postby AcidReign » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:39 pm

bgannin wrote:Please clarify what you are asking about because multiple topics are intertwined at this point and I'll reply.

Ok, sorry my english isn't the best there is. I'll try and clear up my question:

1. Is this feature (changing the color of an contact that is going to write a message) still implemented? Because it doesnt work for me.

2. Will there ever be the feature that a Pop-Up will warn you that someone is going to write a message? (Of course this should be able to be turned off)

3. Or may it be possible for someone with the abilities to do that (not me) to create a plugin that would offer this feature?

I hope you understand what I mean now?

Acid

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:04 pm

1. Yes, provided the service supports it and then preference for it is turn on. If other users have disabled it, there's nothing we can do.

2. No.

3. Yes, a plugin could probably be written, but it's not necessarily simple and I have a feeling it could lead to a lot of false positives (i.e., someone starts to type, you get a popup, they stop and decide not to talk, yet you think there's a conversation coming.)
Try my software!

Return to “Adium”