One Person, Multiple Contacts

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Innuendo
Harmless

One Person, Multiple Contacts

Postby Innuendo » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:12 am

Hi,

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before but here we go. My situation is a tad complicated. The thing is for some people, I have their AIM screenname, ICQ UIN, Yahoo thing and/or MSN thing. As a result, for one person, I might end up having two or three different contacts on my list. One option would be to delete the rest but one contact for one person . However, I don't want to do that, since services such AIM, ICQ..etc are unreliable and having multiple contacts do help when one of them doesn't work.

What I want Adium to do is to consolidate the person's contacts into one contact. (Instead of seeing multiple contacts for that person, I want to see only one.) Strangely, it does it on my cousin's computer, but it doesn't do it on my Adium.

Is there a way to do this? So far I have tried everything that I could think of (renaming them so that they have the same alias..etc) but couldn't do it.

Thanks,

gaz
Latté

Postby gaz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:41 am

Either put all their screen names in the Address Book, or option-drag the contacts on top of each other to create meta-contacts :)

Innuendo
Harmless

Postby Innuendo » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:12 am

Thanks.

I don't use Address book. But option+drag solved my problem.

Thank you very much again.

Synapse
Latté

Postby Synapse » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:51 pm

This (hopefully) will be covered in the docs that we are working on to (hopefully) be released with .8

Return to “Adium”