MSN: Issues Adding Contacts

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
noeylani94
Harmless

MSN: Issues Adding Contacts

Postby noeylani94 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 am

My last thread wasn't replied to and I think I might have posted it in the wrong section.

I've been an Adium user for several months and this is my first time experiencing any issues with the application. This morning I went to add several new valid addresses to my contact list; however, the program says they are invalid. This problem occurs with both AIM and MSN contacts. Here's a screenshot of what occurs:

Thank you in advance

memolc
Harmless

Re: Issues Adding Contacts

Postby memolc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 am

I have the same problem... i want to know if in your adium let you choose an a Jabber account because it let me.. and when i add a contact selecting that count, the message doesn't show up!
I still don't know if the contact i want to add has recieve my invitation.. I will let you know as soon as i found it...

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Issues Adding Contacts

Postby Robby » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that has not been resolved, yet. It appears Microsoft has changed something server-side that has caused the breakage. See http://trac.adium.im/ticket/14965 for details.

I'll add this issue to the list in the "Known Issues" thread.

sebidk
Harmless

Re: MSN: Issues Adding Contacts

Postby sebidk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi.

I'm having the same issue, it seems I can add the contact from the live-homepage or in the official messenger client - but the contact doesn't show up in my Adium contact list after that ,(

Any idea on when this will be solved?

/Sebastian

Dynamite
Harmless

Postby Dynamite » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 am

I'm having the same problem as Sebastien. When I try to add a contact, or someone adds me as a contact, I am able to add them and they appear online until I sign off. The next time I sign in, they appear offline even if they're actually online.

Cizzu
Harmless

Postby Cizzu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:34 am

I have the same problem... :sad: :sad: :sad:
I am desperate, I won't use amsn or messenger... :sad:

noeylani94
Harmless

Postby noeylani94 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:32 am

This is a huge problem. When will this be resolved? Due to this problem, my business is being affected.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 am

With Adium 1.4.2, this will be fixed. A beta will be released next month at the latest, I guess.

Kurisu
Harmless

Postby Kurisu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:58 am

i have same problem but even if i use Windows XP to add a friend with Windows Messenger Live, it still wont work.. it does not send an invitation to the contact. pretty much sad news as my old email has been hacked so i cannot find most of my old contacts :(

noeylani94
Harmless

Postby noeylani94 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 am

@Robby,

Great. Adium is truly one of the superior mass chat messengers online. I've been holding onto Adium despite this problem.

Werzion
Harmless

Postby Werzion » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

I know this is a known issues but still want to add that I got the same problem.
Doesnt matter if someone adds me, or I add them, they automatic goes to the offline part of my list (not visible) and I can chat with them the first session, next time they wont ever be visible or online again, even if they are...

Running Adium 1.4.1 and this has happen to ALL my new contacts the last weeks....

phantomlover
Harmless

Postby phantomlover » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 am

I'm adding contact with Microsoft Messenger, you can download that on the Apple site but is also deliverd in the Office for Mac.
Make sure you delete the contact in Adium and add them with Microsoft Messenger.
Also I noticed contact will add to your list, when adding the contact with Adium, but won't come online even if they are.

First it worked for me to add contacts with the online clients of Messenger but that doesn't seem to work for me now.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm

1.4.2b1 is out. =-)

jabohn
Muffin

Postby jabohn » Tue May 10, 2011 12:34 am

I also have not been able to send files lately either. Plus in the latest version if I drag a photo into the window it no longer does a file transfer, it attempts to put the photo right into the message which doesn't work for everyone.

Return to “Adium”