There is a problem with Adium

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Dia11
Harmless

There is a problem with Adium

Postby Dia11 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

Shorter prevents them from using and annoying. Previously, it was ok.

In the main message window was not possible to scroll up messages - you start to twist the top - scroll bar immediately goes down.

To read the messages that do not fit in the window - you have to open the "History."
Prior to this - the last message - I could see the same in the main window (set to show the 30 most recent posts always). Who does not scroll up - because bar crawls down instantly.

Screen - http://monosnap.com/image/55L6fqKqeLXvWIMHZbIszGVdl - but there was little he shows, in order to show the problem completely - you have to shoot the video.

The problem itself seems to be described in detail - but if you must, rent video glitch.

How to solve? Who faced?

Adium hundred times rebooted, the OS too. Put the old version of Adium - the problem remains - as if I changed something in the settings mac os x or Adium globally accident.

Thank you! I would be very grateful for your help.

Translated by Google translator, sorry for the bad English.

David Munch
Grandé

Re: There is a problem with Adium

Postby David Munch » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:00 am

What version of Adium are you using? You can see this under About Adium in the Adium menu.
For Adium issues: Please search the forums and the Trac before posting. This makes the developers very happy! :smt058
Also, check out the Adium wiki, the Adium Team has tried to answer all the questions that might crop up when using Adium there. =)

Dia11
Harmless

Postby Dia11 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm

last version - 1.5.6 (18.03.13)

debusf
Harmless

I can't scroll up on my chat boxes

Postby debusf » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm

I am connected to gmail, and olark and i can't scroll up in any of my chat windows. There is a red bar where you can scroll that stops me from viewing all of the messages in the window. So sometimes I can't view a whole chat or I can't go back and review a chat without opening the history tab. I am using the most updated version 1.5.10, as I ensured to check for updates.

Thank you for your help.

jgruman
Harmless

Postby jgruman » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:31 pm

I experience the same thing.
Anytime I try to scroll up in a chat window, it automatically (and quickly and jitterily) scrolls back down to the bottom.
The only way to read earlier messages in the chat window is to open the message history logs.
I am on Adium 1.5.10 and latest version of Yosemite (10.10.2).

squareman
Harmless

Postby squareman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm pretty sure this is an issue introduced by Yosemite. I can't recall it happening since before that. I too thought I had accidentally changed a setting but there is none to be found – but now that I see others having the same issue, I figure it must be a Yosemite-caused thing.

I am running Adium 1.5.10 (2014.05019) (7ad57fb4c17)
OS X 10.10.3

squareman
Harmless

Postby squareman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 pm

squareman wrote:I'm pretty sure this is an issue introduced by Yosemite. … I figure it must be a Yosemite-caused thing.

I see that this issue goes back much further than 2015 for some people. So, clearly not just a Yosemite thing. It's definitely very, very frustrating and I cannot figure out what caused it to start.

Return to “Adium”