Mavericks

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Mavericks

Postby Robby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm

We just released a beta of the forthcoming Adium 1.5.9 with some Mavericks-related fixes: https://beta.adium.im

oracle_mg
Harmless

Postby oracle_mg » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm

we've been use Adium as a jabber client in our office, after Mavericks update Adium can't connect to our jabber accounts showing the following message:

Code: Select all

14:38:43: (Libpurple: jabber) Recv (ssl)(85): <failure xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"><temporary-auth-failure/></failure>
14:38:43: (Libpurple: connection) Connection error on 0x6080000bdf40 (reason: 0 description: Falha temporária na autenticação)
14:38:43: Connection Disconnected: gc=bdf40 (Falha temporária na autenticação)

I've checked account setup many times but it still doesn't work.

On my old MACBOOK pro with Mountain Lion, the same version of Adium works perfectly.

The beta version, has the same problem.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

The XMPP server you are connecting to, which server software (Openfire, ejabberd, Prosody etc.?) does it use?

somnomania
Harmless

Postby somnomania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 am

The only problems I'm having with Adium in Mavericks are that when I open Adium, I have it set to reopen tabs from last time on startup, and (most of the time) it puts me back in my usual chat, and that screenname immediately leaves the room again, but I'm still able to speak and be seen in it. Closing the chat window and rejoining fixes it, it's just a little mysterious and frustrating. My other problem is that the menu bar icon for Adium is almost always putting itself to the right of all the other third party icons despite the fact that it gets opened after all the other things. I'm very used to having Adium at the far left of the other menu bar icons, because it's much easier to glance up and see how many messages there are when it's there. I have yet to find a fix for this issue.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

We have released the third beta of 1.5.9. As always, you can find it at https://beta.adium.im.

somnomania
Harmless

Postby somnomania » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 am

Just downloaded that beta and installed it; still having the same problem, at least with the chat window issue.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:51 pm

somnomania wrote:The only problems I'm having with Adium in Mavericks are that when I open Adium, I have it set to reopen tabs from last time on startup, and (most of the time) it puts me back in my usual chat, and that screenname immediately leaves the room again, but I'm still able to speak and be seen in it. Closing the chat window and rejoining fixes it, it's just a little mysterious and frustrating.

I haven't heard of this problem before. What kind of a group chat is this? IRC? XMPP?

somnomania wrote:My other problem is that the menu bar icon for Adium is almost always putting itself to the right of all the other third party icons despite the fact that it gets opened after all the other things. I'm very used to having Adium at the far left of the other menu bar icons, because it's much easier to glance up and see how many messages there are when it's there. I have yet to find a fix for this issue.

That is odd, that doesn't happen in my experience. You might find this app useful: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/42632/bartender

tpaegis
Harmless

Postby tpaegis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to be posting it. Myself and one other user at my company have upgraded to Mavericks and are having issues connecting to the internal XMPP server at the company.

The Accounts window shows as "Initializing stream (25%)" for a while, which I've seen as an issue in older versions and has been fixed some time ago. After a minute or two sitting at that stage, it will eventually connect and work fine from then on.

Testing on another user's computer still on Mountain Lion, Adium connects to the XMPP server straight away.

This is on both the 1.8.5 release version, and with 1.8.9b3.

somnomania
Harmless

Postby somnomania » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Robby wrote:
somnomania wrote:The only problems I'm having with Adium in Mavericks are that when I open Adium, I have it set to reopen tabs from last time on startup, and (most of the time) it puts me back in my usual chat, and that screenname immediately leaves the room again, but I'm still able to speak and be seen in it. Closing the chat window and rejoining fixes it, it's just a little mysterious and frustrating.

I haven't heard of this problem before. What kind of a group chat is this? IRC? XMPP?

somnomania wrote:My other problem is that the menu bar icon for Adium is almost always putting itself to the right of all the other third party icons despite the fact that it gets opened after all the other things. I'm very used to having Adium at the far left of the other menu bar icons, because it's much easier to glance up and see how many messages there are when it's there. I have yet to find a fix for this issue.

That is odd, that doesn't happen in my experience. You might this app useful: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/42632/bartender

It's whatever kind of chat AIM uses.

Thanks for the suggestion re: my menu bar woes! I'm trying Bartender out now and it looks like it's perfect for what I need.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 am

somnomania wrote:It's whatever kind of chat AIM uses.

"AIM" is good enough. That was the information I was looking for. =-)

I can see how that problem is annoying. I haven't seen it reported before so I'm not sure the developers will get to fixing it, especially when the most important, chatting, still works.

somnomania wrote:Thanks for the suggestion re: my menu bar woes! I'm trying Bartender out now and it looks like it's perfect for what I need.

Cool!

somnomania
Harmless

Postby somnomania » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Robby wrote:
somnomania wrote:It's whatever kind of chat AIM uses.

"AIM" is good enough. That was the information I was looking for. =-)

I can see how that problem is annoying. I haven't seen it reported before so I'm not sure the developers will get to fixing it, especially when the most important, chatting, still works.

somnomania wrote:Thanks for the suggestion re: my menu bar woes! I'm trying Bartender out now and it looks like it's perfect for what I need.

Cool!

Yeah, I was hopeful when I updated Adium last night, but that bug is still a thing for me. It's not a huge problem, after all, just a mild annoyance.

mrodgers79
Harmless

Postby mrodgers79 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

I am also using Adium on Mavericks, and am unable to receive images inline, or file transfers, from anyone using "Messages" in Mavericks. I am able to send images/files to those people perfectly fine, however. Any ideas?

mrodgers79
Harmless

Postby mrodgers79 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

An additional update, when I check the System Log (in Console), the following text comes up anytime someone tries to send me a message:

Jan 22 10:57:20 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_READ] delete: "Bad file descriptor" - 0x9
Jan 22 10:57:28 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.
Jan 22 10:57:28 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

Hopefully that sheds light on the problem?

Return to “Adium”