Exporting contacts

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
ToroToro
Harmless

Exporting contacts

Postby ToroToro » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 am

Hello,
I haven't been using IM for a while and copied my old adium folder from a backup. my hotmail account was closed because of inactivity.
that's fine but I wanted to get my old msn contacts from adium. I can't see them for an account which is offline. Is there any way to export contacts from adium?

If I can't export them, I was thinking to create the same hotmail account and try to connect but I was wondering, would it add all my old contacts from adium to the server or would it delete all the contacts in adium since there are no contacts in my "fresh" hotmail acct?

I had another profile with a different hotmail account which is still active and i connected it. I wasn't thinking when I connected and a bunch of messages came up... I think it was the message asking if I wanted to add the contact to the server? anyway, i forget what I selected but would there have been a situation where adium would have deleted the contact without me deliberately deleting the contact? If not, I assume that if I try to connect that account again, I will get the same messages?

basically, i'm trying to backup all my old contacts and just wondering if I lost data...

thanks!

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Exporting contacts

Postby Robby » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Adium cannot export contacts. It just updates changes made to the server and retrieves the contact list from the server upon connecting.

Adium shouldn't delete contacts on its own.

Authorisation requests you haven't dealt with yet will be in the "Authorisation Requests" window.

Return to “Adium”