Can't receive images from Mavericks Messages users.

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
mrodgers79
Harmless

Can't receive images from Mavericks Messages users.

Postby mrodgers79 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 pm

I am using Adium on Mavericks, and am unable to receive images inline, or file transfers, from anyone using "Messages" in Mavericks. I am able to send images/files to those people perfectly fine, however. Any ideas?

I noticed that when I check the System Log (in Console), the following text comes up anytime someone tries to send me a message:

Code: Select all

Jan 22 10:57:20 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_READ] delete: "Bad file descriptor" - 0x9
Jan 22 10:57:28 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.
Jan 22 10:57:28 Michaels-iMac.local Adium[20900]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

Maybe that sheds light on the problem?

David Munch
Grandé

Re: Can't receive images from Mavericks Messages users.

Postby David Munch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:33 pm

What protocol?
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

mrodgers79
Harmless

Re: Can't receive images from Mavericks Messages users.

Postby mrodgers79 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:57 pm

both users are using AIM accounts.

Return to “Adium”