Quit=No Duck?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Thorzdad
Latté

Quit=No Duck?

Postby Thorzdad » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm sorry about posting this here, but I honestly get lost trying to wade through the official bug checking/reporting system to see if it's a known issue...

When Adium is off, the Duck logo disappears from the OS X dock. The space for it is still there, and clicking on the empty space will launch Adium and the "eyes open" Duck will now appear in the Dock. Once I quit Adium, though, the Duck disappears again.

This was not the case in Snow Leopard (10.6.8), but I recently updated to Mavericks (10.9.5) and that's when this bug appeared to me.

Obviously, this is a low-priority bug, but thought it odd enough to mention.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Quit=No Duck?

Postby Robby » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 pm

I don't know what may have caused the issue but perhaps try removing and re-adding the dock icon:
1. With Adium running, drag the dock icon out from the dock.
2. Quit Adium.
3. Locate Adium on your Mac (probably in the "Applications" folder) and drag the app to the dock.

Thorzdad
Latté

Postby Thorzdad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 am

Hmmmm...It seems you can't drag an icon from the Dock while the app is running. Or, at least, the Adium icon can't. It pops right back in place.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 am

It does pop back but from what I've tested it should have the effect of the app being removed from the dock. (At least on El Capitan and earlier.)

Thorzdad
Latté

Postby Thorzdad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Ah. I'm on Mavericks and it still didn't work. Oh well.

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Right click the app in the Dock, and select Preferences --> Keep in Dock.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

Thorzdad
Latté

Postby Thorzdad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:16 pm

David Munch wrote:Right click the app in the Dock, and select Preferences --> Keep in Dock.

It's already a permanent part of my Dock.
My wife gets the same thing on her Mac at work. No Duck in the Dock when the app is off. Just a big open space where it should be. The system knows it's there...When you mouse over the blank space, it says Adium, and clicking the blank space launches Adium.

Return to “Adium”