Multiple Chats Showing Offline

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
rfinger22
Harmless

Multiple Chats Showing Offline

Postby rfinger22 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm 99.9% sure it's the Jabber server doing this, but I'm hoping someone knows what's going on and how to fix it (either on the adium side or something we can pass onto the server admins)...

Last week, we had an outage on our Jabber (XMPP) server, and since then, about 2/3 of the users who are signed into Jabber (if not more) have all of their chats look like they're offline and are part of a past transcript. AS a result, we get no notifications, verbally or visually, that there is a new chat in a chat room. This is ONLY happening inside chat rooms. Direct private messages between people work 100% of the time. But, inside chat rooms, it's making these chats look like they're inactive, and there are no notifications happening indicating that chats are coming into a room. This is incredibly important as we have a bot in one room that notifies us when someone has pinged it, and anytime someone does, its chats in the room show as inactive like it's a part of a past history, so we get no notification at all that someone's looking for us.

Anyone seen this? Is there a setting I need to adjust in Adium, or is there something I can pass onto our server admins on what they need to look for to fix this?

Thanks!!!

Return to “Adium”