Questions and requests

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
rosefox
Harmless

Questions and requests

Postby rosefox » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:56 pm

Questions:

1) How do I turn off the evil spellcheck thing? I'm a professional copy editor. If I want to write "*emails my boss*" I really don't need a computer to tell me that "*emails" isn't found in its dictionary.

2) How do I set a default font for outgoing messages, instead of having to pull up and leave open the font window and adjust it for every time I open a new tab?

Requests:

1) I miss using < and > to flip between tabs. I would like to request that either that option be added in or that the drop-down menu be replaced with an option to type the key combination that one wishes to use for tab- and window-swapping, to allow for maximum configurability. (Incidentally, command-arrow and command-shift-arrow don't seem to work at all on my PowerBook G4, so I'm stuck with [ and ], which is pretty suboptimal. I don't know whether this is a known issue.)

2) I would love for auto-resize on the contact list to include an option to expand to display someone's full away message, and/or for Adium to linebreak the away messages so that they don't extend from here to forever.

Thanks for any help, feedback, etc.

--Rose
Ask me about my vow of silence.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:04 pm

Mac OS X Standard:
Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling As You Type (uncheck)

Linebreaks are converted to / in the extended status of the contact list. It is meant to stay on a single line and not ever a complete replacement for using tooltips, the message window, or Get Info to view an away message in its proper formatting.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

Adam Iser
Crema

Re: Questions and requests

Postby Adam Iser » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:18 pm

rosefox wrote:If I want to write "*emails my boss*" I really don't need a computer to tell me that "*emails" isn't found in its dictionary.

For words like "emails" you can also control-click the word and select Learn spelling. (Teach it "Adium" while you're in there for good measure :D)

rosefox
Harmless

Postby rosefox » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:31 pm

bgannin wrote:Mac OS X Standard:
Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling As You Type (uncheck)

Aha! Thank you very much.

Additional, unrelated question: I have timestamps set to "11:30:05" etc. They show up in my logs, but don't show up in the message windows. Is there a way to get them to appear in message windows, or is it only for logging? I like knowing how long ago someone sent me the message I only just realized was there.

Thanks!

--Rose
Ask me about my vow of silence.

TheSilverFox06
Grandé

Postby TheSilverFox06 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:35 pm

What does and doesn't appear in the window is completely up to whoever wrote the message style you're using. There are plenty out there that show time stamps; check them out at http://www.adiumxtras.com.

Brad
Muffin

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:36 pm

rosefox wrote:I have timestamps set to "11:30:05" etc. They show up in my logs, but don't show up in the message windows. Is there a way to get them to appear in message windows, or is it only for logging?

That's up to the message view you are using. It's up to the person that made the message view whether or not to implement the time stamp in a usable fashion.

The included Mockie message view, for one, has a time stamp prominently featured by every message.

Return to “Adium”