Correct Buddy Icons Showing Up

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
cgheilman
Harmless

Correct Buddy Icons Showing Up

Postby cgheilman » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:48 pm

I have had Adium for a little bit, and the .7 version is great! I just have one question.

Sometimes, when I change my buddy icon, quit Adium, and restart my computer, when I look at myself on my buddy list (it's one of those things I like to do) it has the wrong buddy icon, but when I go into the prefrences pane, they have the correct buddy icon. Does anyone else have this problem, and do you know how to fix it so that it shows the correct buddy icon? Thanks!
Christian

jdang
Latté

Postby jdang » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:55 pm

i also have had this problem. usually i just open up the official client and change it there and it will respect my preferences. this normally occurs when i log onto iChat from a public computer it will automatically change my buddy icon to whatever the system icon is. then when i come back and log onto adium, it doesn't change my icon back, nor does it change it when i request it to do so in adium.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:00 pm

Sounds like a caching problem. You can delete the items in your icon cache and then they'll be re-fetched and if it still has issues then something else is afoot.

For the exact location of said cache I'll have to refer to a smarter man than I.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

dbomb
Frappa

Postby dbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:12 pm

For awhile adium would show my old icon, and then a min or two later show the right icon

FredAkbar
Crema

Postby FredAkbar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:28 am

I've had a couple instances of Adium thinking one of my contacts had a buddy icon that was actually someone else's. I haven't deleted the icon cache but I assume that would fix it.
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.

Synapse
Latté

Postby Synapse » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 am

I had a problem where after messing with some settings, adium picked up my user icon (or was it my iChat icon....) and messed things up.... After changing all of those to my chosen icon, it's been all good.

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:35 am

That happens when you turn on AB integration. It grabs the info from the 'Me' card.

Return to “Adium”