"Send Later" Bug

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Lyg
Frappa

"Send Later" Bug

Postby Lyg » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:39 am

When I choose "Send Later' to send an IM to a friend who has yet to sign on (but his tab is already opened), my message comes before the "Adam signed on, 8:32 P.M." message. I just thought it would be better aesthetically to have the "…signed on" come before the Send Later message. Thanks!

durin42
Perian Team

Postby durin42 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:26 pm

A thought I've had related to this is that perhaps there should be some kind of "Send ASAP" alert for send later, that is, it checks when you connect an account to see if the guy is online, not just watches for the guy to connect.

cbarrett
Adium Team

Postby cbarrett » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:15 am

I've noticed this for a while. I believe it has to do with the way Contact Alerts are posted. Evan may be able to shed some more light on this, but I think it's just one of those unfortunate things that crop up :\

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:26 am

Yeah, the signed on notification and the contact alert are sent in the same series of events, and the signed on notification happens second. For som reason I feel like this and the problem with certain alerts needing to go out when you connect (send later messages for example) could have the same solution, but I have no idea why.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

cbarrett
Adium Team

Postby cbarrett » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:53 am

Another one of those "winter break" projects, eh? Speaking of that, I need to talk to you about SVN and committing. There are no commit emails for my commits :(

Return to “Adium”