[Bug] Smart folders and German umlauts

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.

[Bug] Smart folders and German umlauts

Postby crossinger » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 am

Hi!

I'm using the latest version of Vienna (2.3.0 / 2300) running on OS X Tiger 10.4.11.

When creating new smart folders with German umlauts, they will do fine as long as I keep Vienna open. When I close & restart the program, the smart folder still exists. However, the rules for filtering are gone and it's even impossible to create new rules (there's no empty line with "+" and "-" button any more. The place where the rule lines are shown, is simply blank!).

This makes it impossible to filter by headings or texts containing German words with umlauts.

Can anybody confirm this? I did some tests: as long as I don't use umlauts in filter criteria, the newly created smart folders do fine and are stored properly!
Attachments
Bild 1.png
Bild 1.png (26.47 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
crossinger
Harmless

Re: [Bug] Smart folders and German umlauts

Postby jeff_johnson_dev » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks for the report, and sorry about the problem. I can reproduce the problem here, and I've fixed it for the next release of Vienna.
jeff_johnson_dev
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby AlanR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:08 pm

AlanR
Frappa

Postby crossinger » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:12 am

Hi again!

No need for excuses. Instead, I have to thank you for your lightning fast reply & support! :smile:

Keep up the excellent work on Vienna!!!

With kind regards from Germany

J
crossinger
Harmless

Postby norz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 am

crossinger wrote:(...)
When creating new smart folders with German umlauts, they will do fine as long as I keep Vienna open. When I close & restart the program, the smart folder still exists. However, the rules for filtering are gone and it's even impossible to create new rules (there's no empty line with "+" and "-" button any more. The place where the rule lines are shown, is simply blank!).

This makes it impossible to filter by headings or texts containing German words with umlauts.
(...)

Hi!
I had the same problem with Vienna 2.2.2.2212 (Mac OS 10.4.11).
In my case the accentuated character was present in the rss feed name (ie: the folder criteria) I used in the smart folder.
Build 1186 fixed it, thank you very much! (Now I'm in love with Vienna again =-) )
norz
Harmless

Return to Vienna