Vienna 2.5 Sneak Peek

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.

Vienna 2.5 Sneak Peek

Postby Michael Ströck » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Re: Vienna 2.5 Sneak Peek

Postby AlanR » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 am

Seems much quicker, at least starting up, can this be so?

Download 2.5 Sneak Peek Build

I can't test on an Intel machine, I don't have one yet.
Last edited by AlanR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanR
Frappa

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 am

I'm not aware of any changes we made to start-up, but I'm glad it's quicker for you :-)
Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Vienna Feature request - FILTER subscription on keywords

Postby stufisch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Not sure if this is the place to request feature additions ... perhaps someone can create a 2.5 plugin for this ...

One of the sites I subscribe to is http://beforeitsnews.com ...

Unfortunately, it has an obnoxious ongoing habit of submitting 'articles' which are merely window-dressing for Advertisements for some friggin' show called 'Shen Yun' ...

What I would LIKE TO DO is to add a FILTER, so that my RSS feed subscription IGNORES any article that contains 'Shen Yun' ...

Any comments, suggestions, or hopes for such a feature?

Regards,

Stuart >> PS ... I *LOVE* your product; on my Windows machines I use OmegaReader, but I much prefer the design and implementation of Vienna on the Mac ...
stufisch
Harmless

Re: Vienna Feature request - FILTER subscription on keywords

Postby Herve5 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:40 am

stufisch wrote:(...) What I would LIKE TO DO is to add a FILTER, so that my RSS feed subscription IGNORES any article that contains 'Shen Yun' ...

What about creating an 'intelligent folder' with conditions 'is in beforitsnews' AND 'text doesn't contain Shen thingie' ?
(to which you also can add for instance 'and is unread' to shorten the list)

H.
Herve5
Latté

Postby AlanR » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:57 pm

We're up to version 1503 on the Sneak Peeks for those who are interested.
AlanR
Frappa

Postby AlanR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 am

One thing that always irritates me in the U.I. is that the status bar (at the bottom) is taller than the top window bar. This clashes with other apps.
AlanR
Frappa

Postby David Munch » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

AlanR wrote:One thing that always irritates me in the U.I. is that the status bar (at the bottom) is taller than the top window bar. This clashes with other apps.

Heh, never noticed that before..
For Adium issues: Please search the forums and the Trac before posting. This makes the developers very happy! :smt058
Also, check out the Adium wiki, the Adium Team has tried to answer all the questions that might crop up when using Adium there. =)
David Munch
Grandé

Sneak Peek intermediate build 1525

Postby AlanR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:16 am

I don't usually make posts here when I publish a new intermediate Sneak Peek build but I'll make an exception this time because in the revision release notes Michael asked for testing of a new feature, search plug-ins. With this build Google and Twitter searches are available from the search boxes, new plugins will be able to add more.

As always the builds are available from http://vienna.mpaka.com and the more info link leads to a post on my vienna/mpaka forum with the subversion release notes.

If you're already running the beta or a sneak peek there's no major change. If you're running a 2.4 version you should read http://www.vienna-rss.org/?p=201 and viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21858.

If you find you prefer an older version for some reason you can always re-download one of the previous versions.
AlanR
Frappa

Postby Michael Ströck » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks Alan! FYI - the searching itself should be rock solid, but of course it's always the bugs you don't anticipate that bite you in the ass ;-) The UI is known to be a bit buggy, as stated in the commit comments...
Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Return to Vienna