Vienna 2.6 - development update

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.

Vienna 2.6 - development update

Postby Michael Ströck » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Sneak peek: Vienna now lets you specify feeds where you want to skip the one-line summary, and go to the full page instead. Especially usefull for websites like hackernews, which include absolutely nothing but the headline in their RSS feed. Thanks to Curtis Faith, who just checked this ridiculously useful feature into SVN.

Alan, you know the drill ;-)

- Michael
Attachments
webpage-feeds.png
Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Re: Vienna 2.6 - development update

Postby AlanR » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm

It's up now at http://vienna.mpaka.com

Customize Toolbar is still broken for me but I'm not too surprised since nothing in any version updates indicated otherwise.

For others reading, if you try the sneak peek you will find the option to get the full page view in the Get Info window on a per feed basis.
AlanR
Frappa

Version 1560 update

Postby AlanR » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 am

Curtis has added a “good thing” to 1560. Instead of having to go to the Info window to enable full page views there's now a new item in the folder menu “Use Web Page for Articles”.
AlanR
Frappa

Postby autumnmist » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!! The main feature I missed when switching away from Thunderbird for my RSS needs.

Just checking though, Vienna isn't storing the corresponding webpage in its database, right? It's only just displaying it? I ask because for some blogs I read where I keep the articles (food recipe blogs for example), I'd like to be able to search in Vienna. (example: search my "Italian Food Blog" list for all recipes/articles containing the word "basil" in the body of the article)
autumnmist
Latté

Postby PJ81 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks for this I know it is a bit late but I have been looking for something like this for a while.
Check out my blogs Bake Pops |Lilash
PJ81
Harmless

Return to Vienna