Vienna on my laptop and iMac syncing

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.

Vienna on my laptop and iMac syncing

Postby Osvaldini » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Hello,

I am purchasing an iMac this week and will be utilizing Vienna from both my desktop and my laptop. Is there a way to sync the two together, so that I do not have to repeat view something on my desk top that I have already read on my laptop?

Thanks in advance,

Osvaldo
Osvaldini
Harmless

Re: Vienna on my laptop and iMac syncing

Postby wilfthestarfish » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Me too!

At the moment I am copying the Vienna folder to Dropbox when I leave each machine, but it's not ideal.
wilfthestarfish
Harmless

Postby superhancpetram » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:29 pm

I've used this Dropbox tip to keep my user folder synced across multiple machines. It should work with Vienna also.

http://lifehacker.com/5154698/sync-file ... box-folder
superhancpetram
Harmless

Postby Osvaldini » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks fellas. I will give it a try. However, to the developers, is there any chance of you guys coming out with something that incorporates .me accounts? That way, our computers can just automatically sync to our web accounts and not have to manually do this everytime with Dropbox?
Osvaldini
Harmless

Postby snowskin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Dropbox can sync any folder automatically, so you don't have to do any manual dragging or anything. I have it set up to sync my documents folder, and some random application support folders between two macs.

It's a bit tricky to set up and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND BACKING UP BOTH COMPUTERS before doing this. the first time I did this, I did a step wrong and lost my documents folder! Time machine saved my butt!

Here is a pretty in depth tutorial on how to do it. It focuses on your documents folder, but it works for any folder you want.

http://blog.fosketts.net/2011/03/03/mul ... c-dropbox/

Hope this helps,
Adam
snowskin
Harmless

Return to Vienna