Bug in 3.1.5 :e14f77e:

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
dkbarto
Harmless

Bug in 3.1.5 :e14f77e:

Postby dkbarto » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Once in a while I've seen this ONLY after upgrading to 3.1.5 (I skipped 3.1.4 because of numerous posted issues)
I've got multiple news feeds, and RSS feeds for morning comics.
Today I got the following as shown in the screenshot.
The article area should have contained the following text:

While anticipating new features in Java 9, developers also have other concerns, according to an anonymous Slashdot reader: ArsTechnica is reporting that Oracle has quietly pulled funding and development efforts away from Java EE, the server-side Java technology that is part of hundreds of thousands of Internet and business applications. Java EE even plays an integral role for many apps that aren't otherwise based on Java, and customers and partners have invested time and code. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened, but the implications are huge for Java as a platform. "It's a dangerous game they're playing..." says one member of the Java Community Process Executive Committee. "It's amazing -- there's a company here that's making us miss Sun." Oracle's former Java evangelist even left the company in March and became a spokesman for the "Java EE Guardians," who have now created an online petition asking Oracle to "clarify" its intent and resume development or "transfer ownership of Java EE 8".

Instead it had my morning Dilbert. Other times this has been a graphic from other websites that I'm downloading the contents of (dpreview.com).

Another (minor) bug is that if I hit return on an article to view it in an external web browser, in the past it would be marked as read, now I must unmark it or hit 'n' to show it as read.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 11.37.56 AM.png
Error screen shot with Dilbert cartoon.

Return to “Vienna”