uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '-[__NSCFString substringWithRange:]: Range {62, 4} out of bounds

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
sandstrom
Muffin

uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '-[__NSCFString substringWithRange:]: Range {62, 4} out of bounds

Postby sandstrom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 am

Vienna suddenly started crashing yesterday, right after a (every) refresh.

Code: Select all

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '-[__NSCFString substringWithRange:]: Range {62, 4} out of bounds; string length 65'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Vienna refreshes, and right when it finishes, it crashes. No dataloss as far as I can tell (the feeds that had new articles are all listed as it should). Even manually refreshing just one feed triggers this crash.

Attached is the relevant part of the crash log.
Attachments
vienna-crash.txt
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

sandstrom
Muffin

Re: uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '-[__NSCFString substringWithRange:]: Range {62, 4} out of bounds

Postby sandstrom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 am

After lots of enable / disable feeds, I tracked the reason for this crash to a feed for a WebKit bugzilla search page: http://tinyurl.com/mhgfgj6, (tinyURL as it is a long link). It is a search result for bugs added in the last 24hours, accessible through the advanced search panel. I expect the feed to “recover” in a day or two.

josh64x2
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '-[__NSCFString substringWithRange:]: Range {62, 4} out of bounds

Postby josh64x2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 am

OK thanks for catching this. I'll check our XML parsing stuff.
I help with Vienna development.

Return to “Vienna”