how to backup vienna subscription library

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
roke92
Harmless

how to backup vienna subscription library

Postby roke92 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:53 am

Hi guys, i wanted to ask you how can i backup vienna subscriptions library because i will change my mac and i don't want to lose all my subscription. Can you tell if exist any posibility to backup or sync my subscriptions as they are on my new mac, please note that for now i don't have an external hard disk for time machine backup. Thank you.

josh64x2
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: how to backup vienna subscription library

Postby josh64x2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 am

Hi there,

If all you want is the list of subscriptions, you can use the "File" -> "Export Subscriptions" menu.
If you want a copy of all of the subscriptions each article, you'll need to copy the folder "~/Library/Application Support/Vienna/" from your old mac to your new mac.

To get Finder to show your user Library folder (~Library), follow the instructions here: https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick- ... ac-sierra/

Hope this helps!
I help with Vienna development.

roke92
Harmless

Postby roke92 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:55 pm

thank you for the answer, so after i install vienna on the new mac i have to replace the older folder in the same position on the new mac and i will have my vienna subscriptions as before?

josh64x2
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby josh64x2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 am

That's correct :) You'll need to copy the Vienna folder to "~Library/Application Support/" on the new mac.
I help with Vienna development.

Return to “Vienna”