Site needs download link

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
kyngchaos
Harmless

Site needs download link

Postby kyngchaos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:59 pm

The Vienna website is missing a download link/menu. I see new releases in Macupdate, but I refuse to download from there and go to the Vienna website. Then wander around until I remember that there is a github link (for the source, which incidentally includes the binaries) in the development menu, though it's just text, not a real link. And I keep forgetting to make a bookmark to github (well, did it now).

Best would be a direct download link to specific versions in github, if that's possible. At least a link to the release section. Renaming the development link to say binary downloads are there wouldn't work well for average non-geeky users.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Site needs download link

Postby Robby » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Agreed.

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:14 am

I also fully agree on that. I've created a ticket on Github, to make sure the developers take care of this quickly.

Edit: And it is fixed. There's a now a link on the website to the latest binary release.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

josh64x2
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby josh64x2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:42 am

Sorry everyone for the oversight! The temporary website is sticking around a bit longer than expected unfortunately :(
I've added a blog post about the new release and I've put a link to the latest release on github at the top of the page.
I help with Vienna development.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 am

Good job! I reckon that'll do until the new website is up. =-)

Return to “Vienna”