Viewing items too soon removes then from "unread"

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
echosa
Harmless

Viewing items too soon removes then from "unread"

Postby echosa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 pm

So, here's a scenario that happens to me often enough to have become an annoyance. I open Vienna. My feeds start loading. Some results show up in my "unread", while other feeds are still loading. I click on an unread item and start reading, which marks it as read. Then the rest of the feeds finish loading, and the app seems to refresh the "unread" view. This results in the item I was reading being removed from the "unread" list and no longer being displayed in the view pane. (The view pane goes blank as nothing is selected in the items view since the selected item is no longer listed.) I then have to go to the specific feed for the item, find it, and click on it there to finish reading it.

If I wait until all feeds are done loading before looking at any items, I don't have this issue. However, I never remember to wait. I have a few feeds that sometimes take a while to load, including some YouTube channels I'm subscribed to via RSS.

echosa
Harmless

Re: Viewing items too soon removes then from "unread"

Postby echosa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Seems this was already reported, but I didn't find it when I searched: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26989

Links to a GitHub issue here: https://github.com/ViennaRSS/vienna-rss/issues/934

Return to “Vienna”