Articles not always being marked as read

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
Baff
Harmless

Articles not always being marked as read

Postby Baff » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Sometime in the last few versions, occasionally I will have articles not be properly marked as read. Say there are 20 unread articles, I will arrow down the list and mark them all as read, but the feed will still say there are like 5 unread articles. I restart Vienna and there will be 5 unread articles that I had marked as read. I can now mark them as read. This happens a couple times a day. Happens with different feeds from different sites.

MacOS 10.12.6

David Munch
Grandé

Re: Articles not always being marked as read

Postby David Munch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Do you synchronize with any OpenReaders or just have your feeds locally?
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

Baff
Harmless

Postby Baff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Locally.

I have had it happen a couple times in 3.1.15, but it hasn't happened for a couple days now, the longest gap since it started happening. Perhaps it was just some garbage in one of my feeds that was confusing Vienna.

Baff
Harmless

Postby Baff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks for you signature, I didn't realize there was a better place than this forum to discuss Vienna issues. Someone else already posted bug reports there for this and the dup article bug.

Return to “Vienna”