Video cut off too early

The Perian forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
dekre
Harmless

Video cut off too early

Postby dekre » Sun May 08, 2011 10:31 am

Film from the 20's recorded from TV. Duration 1:45'56
QT sees only the first 1:35'33. The last 10 minutes are missing in the output
Nothing noticeable at 1h35 when watching the movie
Mac OS 10.5.8 Perian 1.2.2

The duration is correct in VLC, MPEG Streamclip and MPlayer.
It is not correct in QT Player nor imported into FCP

Inspector:
DivX 5 (Perian), 576 × 432, Millions
MPEG Layer 3, Stereo, 44.100 kHz

Interesting: Inspector says Data Size 1.84 GB, the file in Finder is 2.05 GB

gbooker
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Video cut off too early

Postby gbooker » Sun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't see how you expect us to diagnose this without the file. But, if I had to guess, I'd say your avi file has a corrupted index, which means the file itself is broken. Perhaps you should try running the file through avidemux to correct it.

dekre
Harmless

Postby dekre » Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am

I didn't expect a solution here, I have solved the problem for me - as mentioned, VLC had no problems. I wanted to report and , if anybody is interested, to give more information.
I can provide the movie, but I have no idea how to cut out a significant sample wthout changing anything else.

gbooker
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby gbooker » Mon May 09, 2011 12:45 pm

dekre wrote:I didn't expect a solution here

Didn't I just give you one:
gbooker wrote:Perhaps you should try running the file through avidemux to correct it.

dekre
Harmless

Postby dekre » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm

You said:
I don't see how you expect us to diagnose this without the file.
I answered:
I didn't expect a solution here

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Why would you post if you don't expect a solution? You're wasting our time here. Come back when you decide to not waste our time and explain your exact expectations. I don't care if you're over 50 years old, I do care if you waste time we could be using to actually do something useful.

No offense meant here, but I don't know what you wanted here, nor what you expected from gbooker other than what he said. Maybe you should think about how your posts are read online by people who are on this end before you go complaining to me in message.

I replied to you directly and then decided to come find where you complained about gbooker. gbooker is not in the wrong here, you are. You wasted his time. He's a busy person with a full time job who is taking out his free time to reply to you, and you abused that here. Don't appreciate you calling my Developer an "arrogant little pip" to me directly with no real reason for it. You need to grow some thicker skin, or move on. Feel free to make a new forum thread, this time explaining your exact intentions, expectations, the problem, and providing a source file. Do this in a few days, calm down. Go smoke a cig if you smoke one.

Don't start thinking that I'm some "arrogant pip" either. I'm simply pointing out that you are in the wrong here.

Return to “Perian”