Adium > Message received (Initial)

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
stupod
Harmless

Adium > Message received (Initial)

Postby stupod » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 am

It took me a while to work out how to get it to send notifications about receiving a first message in Adium. It's easy enough to enable Prowl notifications for plain 'Message received' in Growl but that means you get every single message, which is bad:

I assumed enabling 'Message received (Initial)' for Prowl in the Growl Applications > Adium > Configure menu would send me Prowl notifications when someone sent their opening chat session message, but it didn't:

I hunted around for quite some time before I started playing with the Adium preferences themselves.

To get it working, go to Adium > Preferences > Events > Message received (Initial) > Edit (double-click if it doesn't already have a rule) > Action: Display a Growl notification:

You need to have 'Message received (Initial)' for Prowl enabled in the Growl Applications > Adium > Configure menu too (as above).
Last edited by stupod on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Adium > Message received (Initial)

Postby zac » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Yeah, Adium's Growl implementation can be confusing sometimes, but it allows for a huge level of customization.

stupod
Harmless

Postby stupod » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 pm

By the way, my above post is simply a tip, not at all a complaint or anything like that...

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:12 pm

I know. :)

HoopsyDaisy
Harmless

Postby HoopsyDaisy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 pm

@stupod Thank you so much for the awesome tip. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my Adium updates weren't pushing to the phone. I didn't realize I needed to set the Growl setting in Adium. Everything is working super now. :mrgreen:

Return to “Prowl”