Prowl Display Style all or nothing?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
JPM
Harmless

Prowl Display Style all or nothing?

Postby JPM » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to set the Prowl display style for individual Notifications in the Growl System Preference Pane. I have 'Smoke' as my default set in 'Display Options'. When I to to 'Applications', then configure an Application, and go to the 'Notifications' tab and set Prowl as the display style for an individual notification, it then sets *all* of the notifications for that Application to Prowl. So I'm stuck with every event for the Application going to the iPhone. If I try to put the non wanted events back to default, it sets all of them to default (I am leaving the 'Application Display Style' under the 'Application Settings' set to default).

thanks for any help.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowl Display Style all or nothing?

Postby zac » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Set the "display using style" option in Prowl's Growl preferences to use Smoke and it will also display with Smoke.

JPM
Harmless

Postby JPM » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply zac. Yes, I didn't mention that I already had that set, for Prowl to display as smoke, and on the Mac that is working fine.

I obviously didn't explain my problem very well :) I am trying to set individual notifications within an Applications settings to the Prowl style, so I can pick and choose which ones go to the phone. For example, in Adium I just want contact connect and disconnect, and message initial. However, when I set any one notification event to the Prowl style, *all* of the notifications for that Application suddenly change from default to Prowl, so I can't pick and choose them individually...it's all or nothing.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Grab Growl 1.1.6b3 http://growl.info I reported it and the lead dev fixed it for this release.

Return to “Prowl”