Feature Request - Available sounds

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
jeffa
Harmless

Feature Request - Available sounds

Postby jeffa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi,
Just installed Prowl mostly to add pseudo-real time email and also to get an alert tone that I can hear (the Apple new email tone is too soft and I miss it 75% of the time). After playing with the 3 built-in I decided that Zoidberg is what works for me. However I found in a different post that this is being removed in the next release. Alas, both Elysium and Rezso are too harsh for me (I want something sort of discrete for when I am meetings, etc and even Zoidberg is a bit much).

I'd like to request that there be a few new tones added - specifically something short and higher pitched in tone. The blackberrys have something that is like a crystal glass when the edge is struck that is excellent. Other options could be a ping, bell, etc. For me this is more important than selecting a different tone per message type.

Thanks and so far it's working just great!

- Jeff

ahhyeah
Harmless

Re: Feature Request - Available sounds

Postby ahhyeah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 pm

I second this. I've figured out how to "hack" in and add them myself through SSH but it would be nice to have more sounds. The more you make an app customizable, the more people will use it. Thanks for a great app!

ahhyeah
Harmless

Postby ahhyeah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Seems the hack to change the sound in the settings only works for sounds when the app is open. This is because the push server doesn't support the sounds. The only way to hack it is replace the original sound file with your replacement and match the filename.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Additional sounds are definitely going to be provided. I just need to figure out which!

So far people seem to want:
* Quieter
* Louder
* Longer
* Shorter

:)

Return to “Prowl”