Audio bug?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
parlar
Harmless

Audio bug?

Postby parlar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I think there's a bug. If I'm listening to a podcast, and then open up Prowl, and while Prowl is open a notification comes in, it will stop my podcast.

I think it only happens if the notification starts to come in *while* I'm opening the app. If the app is already open, and I cause a notification to come in, then nothing's wrong. So it's a bit hard to reproduce. I have had it happen twice so far though.

rob3e
Harmless

Re: Audio bug?

Postby rob3e » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Are you sure this doesn't happen with items that come in while the ap is open? I was noticing the same thing, but it seemed to me that problem was that Prowl's notification sound "took over" the audio of the iPod, pausing whatever was playing so that Prowl could play its own alert file. I believe I have solved this by disabling the Prowl setting "Sound While Open." At least I think I solved it, but more ideal would be that you would get the same "push" chime that didn't overide what the music player was doing.

parlar
Harmless

Re: Audio bug?

Postby parlar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Could be, it's hard to tell. It hasn't happened to me since. If it happens again, I'll try your suggestion.

Return to “Prowl”