[FEATURE REQUEST] Prowl opening after push notification

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
jclewis41
Harmless

[FEATURE REQUEST] Prowl opening after push notification

Postby jclewis41 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:31 pm

I recently got Prowl with Snarl and I love it. I use it for email notification and some Twitter updates. I don't like it though when I get an email and when I get the push, I unlock my iphone only to be forced into Prowl the app.

I found another person on a forum with the same issue below:
I’ve been a little confused by the notification and where it takes you as well. I do not like, as it seems you don’t either, the fact that if you unlock right after a prowl notification it takes you directly into prowl and not the inbox. However, I think when a prowl notification comes in and you’re on the springboard, not the lock screen you get the option to close/view and view does take you to the inbox, so maybe launching mail from the notification on the lock screen is doable through an update.

Is there a possibility that we could have an option in the settings of Prowl to turn this on or off? Or possibly to open mail when a mail notification arrives, etc. I would personally like to unlock the iphone after a push and it just go to the main iphone screen. Then I would have the option to open Mail or Twitter.

Thanks,
Jeff

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Prowl opening after push notification

Postby zac » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 pm

jclewis41 wrote:I recently got Prowl with Snarl and I love it. I use it for email notification and some Twitter updates. I don't like it though when I get an email and when I get the push, I unlock my iphone only to be forced into Prowl the app.

Prowl has no control over this, the iPhone OS does it. However, 1.1 will have the ability to relaunch into a different application of your choice based on what message is coming in.

danieljimenez
Harmless

Postby danieljimenez » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:57 pm

zac wrote:
jclewis41 wrote:I recently got Prowl with Snarl and I love it. I use it for email notification and some Twitter updates. I don't like it though when I get an email and when I get the push, I unlock my iphone only to be forced into Prowl the app.

Prowl has no control over this, the iPhone OS does it. However, 1.1 will have the ability to relaunch into a different application of your choice based on what message is coming in.

Wow, you deserve a round of applause for this.

ola
Harmless

Postby ola » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 pm

zac wrote:

What you DO have control over is how the app launches. So I could live more happily with a setting that makes Prowl start, then immediately exit without trying to display any felines or slowly load the notification list.

That would make Prowl a lot more useful. I am currently so annoyed by Prowl opening up when I unlock my iPhone that I am almost starting to think I wasted my money on it. But only almost - on the other end it's pretty fantastic, with the nice API and all.

Keep up the good work :)

Return to “Prowl”