[Feature Request] Only one message per ID

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
mercaor
Harmless

[Feature Request] Only one message per ID

Postby mercaor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi,

I am using Prowl to send the subjects of the unread mails once a new one has arrived. What would be nice is the following: I would like to hand Prowl an ID (always the same) and it makes sure all the previous messages with the same ID are deleted and only the latest one display (at the top of the list). This would eliminate the need of endless deletion of previous Prowls.

Thoughs?

Mercaor

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Only one message per ID

Postby zac » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm

That sounds a bit complex for such a small use case (I'm guessing only having a notification that lists # unread, which is updated); I'd be interested to know if there's really any other use for it, but it seems like too much for such a small feature.

kjconrad
Muffin

Postby kjconrad » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I don't know about the complex system mercaor is talking about, But I'd like a setting to auto delete read messages. Maybe like a "auto delete read messages after _____ minutes/hours/days"

outlet
Harmless

Postby outlet » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 am

I would also like to see some kind of auto-deletion (possible option in API?), or have ability to auto delete messages (or not even save, like a push alert only) of a certain importance threshold.

Return to “Prowl”