VoiceGrowl Confirmation Code?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
omartian
Harmless

VoiceGrowl Confirmation Code?

Postby omartian » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm trying to set up prowl for my phone, using voicegrowl and google voice.

The test message sends no problem but when I get to the step of forwarding to my specific ub3rkitten email address, the forward box is grayed out.

I go to the forwarding option under settings, and try to add the unique ub3rkitten address, but it requires a confirmation code. At the bottom of the ub3rkitten page it says that voicegrowl will take care of this but this doesn't seem to be the case for me

I emailed the developer and have yet to hear back. Any help is much appreciated. thanks.

klaauser
Harmless

Re: VoiceGrowl Confirmation Code?

Postby klaauser » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I'll post an e-mail correspondence that I had with Michael (the guy that does VoiceGrowl). I was having the same issue and this helped.
Michael --

I'm trying to set up VoiceGrowl along with Prowl on my iPhone. The problem that I'm having is that it seems that between the time that you took a screenshot of how to set up email forwarding and now, gmail has changed it's settings and I am not required to verify my forwarding e-mail address before gmail will let me forward to it. I was wondering how I would go about doing this as it is a crucial step in the setup process.

VoiceGrowl will attempt to automatically verify your email address. If you haven't yet, try refreshing the GMail page. It's probably already verified.
If you're using Google Apps, just email me and tell me what your GMail address that you logged in with and your Google Apps address is and I'll add it to VoiceGrowl.
If you aren't using Google Apps and it's not verified already, then check your Prowl or Growl messages. If you have your Prowl API key or Growl info set in your VoiceGrowl settings (remember to save!), it will send you a notification telling you the confirmation code.
If you have your info entered in your VoiceGrowl settings and you're not receiving a notification then try clicking "Re-send email," waiting a few seconds, and refreshing GMail.
If that still doesn't work, try removing the forwarding address and using a new one from the setup page. Every time you load that page it gives you a different email.
If all this still doesn't work, email me and let me know.

Unfortunately, I had already and did again try all of the steps and I haven't received any notification via Prowl (my API key has been entered and the test message goes through) and the e-mail hasn't auto-verified.
Any suggestions?

I've tried all of the steps yet another time, including generating about 4 other unique e-mail addresses and trying to verify them.

(This is a cookie cutter reply)

Sorry I took so long to reply to your email, GMail changed how they verify forwarding addresses for the third time in a row (always little tweaks that just mess up VoiceGrowl). My development computer was at my storage engineer friend's house so he could teach me about RAID 5, so I haven't been able to do anything for the past couple days up until an hour ago. I've been active on Twitter and other networks through my phone but that just won't cut replying to the mass of emails I got. Anyways, I fixed VoiceGrowl verification, so you can either re-send the email in GMail or follow the instructions again and it should work fine.

If you still have trouble afterwards, here's my normal support text:

VoiceGrowl will attempt to automatically verify your email address. If you haven't yet, try refreshing the GMail page. It's probably already verified.
If you're using Google Apps, just email me and tell me what your GMail address that you logged in with and your Google Apps address is and I'll add it to VoiceGrowl.
If you aren't using Google Apps and it's not verified already, then check your Prowl or Growl messages. If you have your Prowl API key or Growl info set in your VoiceGrowl settings (remember to save!), it will send you a notification telling you the confirmation code.
If you have your info entered in your VoiceGrowl settings and you're not receiving a notification then try clicking "Re-send email," waiting a few seconds, and refreshing GMail.
If that still doesn't work, try removing the forwarding address and using a new one from the setup page. Every time you load that page it gives you a different email.
If all this still doesn't work, email me and let me know.

Thanks for the patience.

Hope this helps!!

Return to “Prowl”