Google Voice Notifs Delayed

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
queenofexcess
Harmless

Google Voice Notifs Delayed

Postby queenofexcess » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 am

I installed Prowl this morning in order to push my sms messages from my gmail account to my phone. All was going well for several hours as I tested the application by sending out numerous texts. When I received a response it showed up like a regular text message, only listed from the contacts phone number, rather than their name. Nothing ever showed up from Prowl itself. All of a sudden now, hours later, I'm getting non-stop notifications through Prowl informing me of the messages I received on SMS hours ago. My phone is going crazy as it attempts to catch up. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I've tried googling this, to no avail. Any help is appreciated!

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Google Voice Notifs Delayed

Postby zac » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am

Sounds like an issue in the Google Voice service you're using. You can 'fix' the issue by resetting your API key and setting things up again, but note that it will break any other services which you've provided the API key to.

queenofexcess
Harmless

Postby queenofexcess » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Thank you! I'll try that!

queenofexcess
Harmless

Postby queenofexcess » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:39 am

The notifications from Prowl stopped coming through about an hour after I posted this. I'm just getting texts through regular SMS (which I prefer!). I was told that I'm supposed to get 2 notifications for each text sent to my Google Voice number, one notification from Prowl and one through SMS. Is that correct, or is everything working like it's supposed to? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've just read so many conflicting answers.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 am

You'll get SMS notifications if you have that preference enabled. You'll get Prowl notifications if you set it up with one of the services that offer it. You'll get both, if both are enabled.

Return to “Prowl”