Prowl Stopped Working

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
Cluracan
Harmless

Prowl Stopped Working

Postby Cluracan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am

Hi, so I downloaded the Prowl App from iTunes and registered and got the API etc, etc. Everything was working great. And now all of a sudden it stopped working. I created new API keys and the test push is good. But, I receive no notifications when there are comments made on my site. I have the WP Prowl plugin that also has the correct API key. Does Prowl have conflict issues with any other plugins? I recently installed "IntenseDebate" and perhaps that did it? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowl Stopped Working

Postby zac » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 am

The "add a notification" works on the Prowl website, but notifications from your addon aren't working?

Do you know who wrote the plugin? You could shoot them an email and see what's going on; I'm not sure I'll be able to diagnose it. The various plugins/etc that use your API key are all independent, they shouldn't affect each other, but make sure (I know you said you did, but just in case) your API key is correct, there's no errors in your httpd log, etc.

Cluracan
Harmless

Postby Cluracan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 am

Yes, just test the "add a notification" and it works fine and very fast. But, when someone comments on my site I no longer get the notifications. It seems like it might be something to do with the new comment system. Their support sucks ass however. I will continue to play around with it. Thanks for getting back to me and for your help. The comment plugin is IntenseDebate if you are familiar with it. And I also as an attempted workaround added the WPGrowl plugin. But, no joy yet.

Cluracan
Harmless

Postby Cluracan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:06 am

It's official it is something to do with the Intense Debate plug in. Deactivated it and it worked fine. Curious what the "blockage" is.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 am

If it's a comment system replacement plugin, my guess is that the Prowl plugin for WP doesn't hook into it to see when new comments occur.

Cluracan
Harmless

Postby Cluracan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:25 pm

I don't suppose you know how to make it do that? Asking as a relative PHP novice.

Return to “Prowl”