[ANN] Arduino and Processing clients for Prowl

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
mcolagro
Harmless

[ANN] Arduino and Processing clients for Prowl

Postby mcolagro » Fri May 13, 2011 9:17 pm

I created Arduino and Processing libraries and examples for Prowl. The project is named Avviso. After the Prowl API removed the SSL requirement in January 2011, creating an Arduino client was simple. The Processing client uses SSL and works by wrapping jProwlAPI. Neither client supports the URL parameter yet.

If you have an Arduino, or better yet an Arduino with an Ethernet shield, check it out. Prowl delivers updates so fast that you forget all the steps involved and mistakenly think that your Arduino is communicating directly with your iOS device. It's amazing.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: [ANN] Arduino and Processing clients for Prowl

Postby zac » Fri May 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Cool. I've added a link to the API page.

Jay_Ti
Harmless

Postby Jay_Ti » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:20 pm

mcolagro wrote:I created Arduino and Processing libraries and examples for Prowl. The project is named Avviso. After the Prowl API removed the SSL requirement in January 2011, creating an Arduino client was simple. The Processing client uses SSL and works by wrapping jProwlAPI. Neither client supports the URL parameter yet.

If you have an Arduino, or better yet an Arduino with an Ethernet shield, check it out. Prowl delivers updates so fast that you forget all the steps involved and mistakenly think that your Arduino is communicating directly with your iOS device. It's amazing.

Thank you I'll check! :smile:

nader480
Harmless

Postby nader480 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 am

I set up my Arduino UNO to open my garage door and send notification to my iPhone every time the door opens. Everything was working fine until tonight. prow stop sending me notification when my garage door opens. Any suggestions
or idea why prowl stop working.
Thanks,
Nader

Return to “Prowl”