[Feature Request]-- notification prefs

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
cheitzig
Harmless

[Feature Request]-- notification prefs

Postby cheitzig » Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Just sent this by email... then I realized the standard seems to be posting ideas:

I use prowl as a way to be notified on my iPad of who is calling, using an ncid-to-prowl module (see: http://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2011 ... ur-iphone/)

So I really only care about these messages when a) I am on my home network, and b) I am using my iPad (i.e. the iPad is active).

I wonder if it'd be possible to have an option to only display messages when on a WiFi network (ideally, even a specific WiFi network) and a separate option to only receive messages when the iPad is active.

Just some thoughts. Otherwise the app works great for me. Thanks.

Best,

--> C

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: [Feature Request]-- notification prefs

Postby zac » Sun May 22, 2011 12:45 pm

cheitzig wrote:I wonder if it'd be possible to have an option to only display messages when on a WiFi network (ideally, even a specific WiFi network) and a separate option to only receive messages when the iPad is active.

Sadly, this isn't possible; there's no API for detecting which WiFi network a user is on. It's possible to detect if WiFi is active, but Prowl doesn't run in the background, so there'd be no way of communicating that status. Additionally, the push notifications are generated at the server and displayed independent of the app.

Return to “Prowl”