frequent crashes in ios5

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
pdm
Harmless

frequent crashes in ios5

Postby pdm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Since updating to ios5 i've had prowl app be very unstable for me. I get notifications but when I load the prowl app it either give an error message or just crash entirely. I've tried deleting the app and downloading again, but that didn't help.

An error message i've been getting "The operation couldn't be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 9.)

When I get this message, and then hit the reload button the app crashes.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: frequent crashes in ios5

Postby zac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Hmm, that it's crashing is strange. Sounds like there's a message on the server in a codec the app can't figure out. You can use the "clear all" to reset the notifications on the server and downloading should work again.

Were you receiving notifications from a source outside the Growl plugin? (e.g., the API or Prowlmail?)

pdm
Harmless

Postby pdm » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:05 am

I've tried clear messages, and some times that crashes it too. But it does help some, like its working right now.

I almost exclusively use prowlmail to get messages, and they are all text based. I wouldn't expect any funky characters.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:04 am

Hm. It's definitely funky characters but it may not be as funky as it sounds. Prowlmail tries its best to convert to UTF-8 the incoming text but some encodings it doesn't understand. Do you mind emailing prowl-support@googlegroups.com a copy of some of the emails you're receiving (or better yet, the ones that cause errors in Prowl if possible)?

ruleeet
Harmless

Postby ruleeet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 pm

pdm have you solved the problem? Looks like I've got the mails with strange characters too((
Benefits Offered By Mobile Phone Signal Booster nottsnet.co.uk
How to boost cell signal

Return to “Prowl”