Prowl Login Issue after Restore

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
pidass
Harmless

Prowl Login Issue after Restore

Postby pidass » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Recently restored my iphone 4s and restored settings from a backup.

I reinstalled Prowl, but as soon as I login I get these errors that pop up.

Error Retrieving password, operation couldn't be completed. (SFHFKeychainUtilsErrorDomain error -25308)
IMG_1098.PNG

then I get this:
Push registration failed. No valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application.
IMG_1099.PNG

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it doesn't seem to remove everything when it uninstalls since it remembers my username when I go to login after the reinstall.

does anyone know where the application preference files are so I could try deleting them manually?

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowl Login Issue after Restore

Postby zac » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:02 pm

You're uninstalling by tapping-to-hold and using the (x) and then reinstalling from the App Store but still seeing the preferences saved? I'm not sure I see how this is possible…

dumpring
Harmless

Postby dumpring » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 am

Having the exact same issue here, fresh install of iOS 5.1, no restore, fresh copy of prowl, brand new account. Identical error.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 am

So weird! Until the first one I'd never seen any reports like this. I wonder if it's something Apple broke? I'll have to investigate more.

dumpring
Harmless

Postby dumpring » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I ended up getting it working after deleting then rebooting the phone before re-installing. Not sure of the mechanics behind why this fixed it, but it did. Still might be something to look into, I suppose. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

jwhitley
Harmless

Postby jwhitley » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:02 am

I'm seeing this issue on iOS 6 on a new iPhone 5, restored from a backup of an iPhone 4. I just went through the delete-reboot-reinstall dance, and the first time Prowl starts after all of that, I see the error: "Error retrieving password The operation couldn't be completed. (SFHFKeychainUtilsErrorDomain error -2000)". Bizarre.

I reentered my credentials and Prowl's working for the time being.

jwhitley
Harmless

Postby jwhitley » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Follow-up: Prowl just spontaneously forgot my credentials and started emitting the -25308 error again. This is a non-jailbroken install of iOS 6 on an iPhone 5, restored from a backup of a previous iPhone. The delete-reboot-reinstall cycle apparently didn't have any impact on this problem.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 am

jwhitley wrote:I'm seeing this issue on iOS 6 on a new iPhone 5, restored from a backup of an iPhone 4. I just went through the delete-reboot-reinstall dance, and the first time Prowl starts after all of that, I see the error: "Error retrieving password The operation couldn't be completed. (SFHFKeychainUtilsErrorDomain error -2000)". Bizarre.

I reentered my credentials and Prowl's working for the time being.

This one sort of makes sense, the error message just sucks. When you restore from a backup to a new device, the keychain isn't copied over (only when you restore to the same device).

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 am

jwhitley wrote:Follow-up: Prowl just spontaneously forgot my credentials and started emitting the -25308 error again. This is a non-jailbroken install of iOS 6 on an iPhone 5, restored from a backup of a previous iPhone. The delete-reboot-reinstall cycle apparently didn't have any impact on this problem.

Now this is super strange. It must be an issue in a newer version of iOS; I'll have to try and force it to reproduce…somehow…

nicheplayer
Harmless

Postby nicheplayer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Just got the same thing on my 3GS (yeah, yeah, yeah...I know) running iOS6. Doublechecked my Prowl password on the server using keychain access, but Prowl app on the phone just won't accept the password.

Whoa. This is weird. For kicks, I just opened Prowl on the phone again, and it connected as usual (after a bit of a delay at launch). So for some reason, it had temporarily lost its settings? Sorry to not be more helpful! Love this app.

adamward
Harmless

Postby adamward » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Yep I think this issue is definitely related to iOS6 and its way of handling the keychain.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24591

We're having the same issue after upgrading to iOS6

Return to “Prowl”