Redirect Problem with Ipod Touch Mail App

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
snowtrigger67
Harmless

Redirect Problem with Ipod Touch Mail App

Postby snowtrigger67 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 am

First off, I love how this program works with GV Connect. So slick.

So, I started thinking, how else could I use this app. My dad and I like to email each other when he is at work, so I would like a push notification only when he emails me. GMail through the mail app does not support push, and plus if I have notifications on for the mail app it shows all of the crappy messages that I get.

So I made a filter that forwards his messages to my API Key. Then in Prowl I made a redirection using his name to open up the Mail app. It all works, but the only problem is when I launch the Mail app, it doesn't show the message. It always starts a new message to compose. Not a huge problem, but I saw some other people with the same problem. Just wondering if there was a fix for this or if I just have to deal with it.

Thanks, Tyler

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Redirect Problem with Ipod Touch Mail App

Postby zac » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

i agree that this is annoying, unfortunately, Apple has provided no mechanism to launch applications. So, the only way to open the Mail application is to open the compose view.

snowtrigger67
Harmless

Re: Redirect Problem with Ipod Touch Mail App

Postby snowtrigger67 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Yeah, I was kinda guessing that was the case. Like I said not a big problem, mainly, I'm just happy that I get a notificiation right when he emails me. Thanks for answering! :smile:

Return to “Prowl”