Change / New Sounds for Prowl iPhone App.

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
alltime
Harmless

Change / New Sounds for Prowl iPhone App.

Postby alltime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Hello,

Need help for the iPhone App. Is it possible to change or add new Sounds to the App.? Need a few mor aggressive Sounds to wake up in the morning.

Thank you for help!

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Change / New Sounds for Prowl iPhone App.

Postby zac » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

Nope, Apple doesn't allow me to do anything like custom sounds for push notifications.

alltime
Harmless

Postby alltime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for the answer, but how did you get the sounds into the app witch are in the app at the moment (like: rezso, bidi (long), chime, four beep, etc.)?

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I can distribute sounds with Prowl, I just can't play sounds for push notifications that aren't distributed with it. Sorry for the confusion.

alltime
Harmless

Postby alltime » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello zac,

thanks for explaning. But doesn't that mean, that you can make a Prowl update with new sounds and this sounds could be used in prowl after that? If yes, can you add some loud and angry sounds wich are playing long as bidi (long)? The App is realy great but i don't wake up with the sounds which are on board this time.

thx a lot!

jaydeboer
Harmless

Postby jaydeboer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

I would second this request. I would like a good long warning type sound as an option. Love the app by the way. :smile:

KenBotwinick
Harmless

Postby KenBotwinick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Zac,

I have a jailbroken phone (because I really don't care what Apple wants), and in the past I had replaced your standard .caf sounds with my own sound files with the same names as yours. That worked great and my sounds were played as appropriate.

Now with the new jailbreak (FINALLY!), I put my sounds back in just like I had done in the past, but now they don't play. Is this because of an iOS change with code signing or something like that?

Is there no possible chance I can get this to work again the way it used to? Remember, I don't really care what Apple wants...

Thanks,
Ken

agoselink
Harmless

Postby agoselink » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi,

I'd also vote for this request to add a few more sounds:

alltime wrote:...
If yes, can you add some loud and angry sounds wich are playing long as bidi (long)?
The App is realy great but i don't wake up with the sounds which are on board this time.
thx a lot!

I'd be looking for something in between the long "bidi" and all the other sounds, a bit more intrusive than the four beeps for example, but not as long as "bidi", for example "four-longer-beeps" ?
A configuration option to make the onboard sounds repeat (either a number of repeats or a number of seconds to sound) could be an alternative maybe.

Thanks in advance,
Anton

SunDance
Harmless

Postby SunDance » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:51 am

alltime wrote:Hello zac,

thanks for explaning. But doesn't that mean, that you can make a Prowl update on hydromax with new sounds and this sounds could be used in prowl after that? If yes, can you add some loud and angry sounds wich are playing long as bidi (long)? The App is realy great but i don't wake up with the sounds which are on board this time.

thx a lot!

Same here, it would be great if there were some new sounds. I think you'd just have to replace the file.
Last edited by SunDance on Mon May 01, 2017 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Appsted
Harmless

Postby Appsted » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:38 am

Hello. I would also like to request some loud and angry sounds wich are playing long.

Thanks you!!
Mobile application development services

Return to “Prowl”