Display styles disabled

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
Qluraqan
Harmless

Display styles disabled

Postby Qluraqan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:44 am

▶ Greetings,

The other day I realized that I wasn't receiving notifications from Prowl to my iPhone. I've tried to re-install it in my iPhone, in my iMac, unistall Growl, etc, etc.

So I found the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. When I try to install Prowl again in my computer, in the "Displays" menu from Growl appears a button [Show disabled] and when I hit it, it shows the following message: "The following display styles have been disabled since they are not fully supported by Growl 1.1". And below it the following path: ~/Library/Containers/com.Growl.GrowlHelperApp/Data/Library/Application Support/Growl/Plugins/Prowl.growlView

I've tried deleting it, but every time I try to install Prowl it just keeps appearing.

I've searched in these forums before posting this new topic and didn't find a solution. Excuse me if you talked about this before.

Thanks for the help.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Display styles disabled

Postby zac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

If you're using Growl 2, Prowl is included by default. Set it as a default action at the top of the styles tab and click the "generate" button in the Prowl preferences on the left.

Qluraqan
Harmless

Postby Qluraqan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm

▶ But I can't do that. Prowl doesn't appear to me as an option. Look:
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2012-11-26 a la(s) 17.17.10.png

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Use the drop down below that one: the one for actions.

Qluraqan
Harmless

Postby Qluraqan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm

▶ Do you mean this one? Already did, nothing happens. Should I combine an action with a display or something like that?
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2012-11-26 a la(s) 23.21.45.png

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

Are notifications not working with Prowl? Can you screenshot your Prowl preferences? The unsupported warning can be ignored: prowl is now included in Growl. The old plugin is too old to load.

Qluraqan
Harmless

Postby Qluraqan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 am

▶ The thing is nothing is working with my Prowl. It's like it's been uninstalled or something. My mobile device works, though. I check it out via sending a notification from the Prowl website.

I think that if I could uninstall Growl and Prowl completely this should be fixed. But every time I uninstall Growl (via AppCleaner) and re-install it it appears with the same configuration and the same historical notifications. Like it was never gone.

My Prowl preferences? I've made you some screenshots. In the applications tab I show Transmission because it's the one I'm most interested in. Hope these help:

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 am

Can you click on Prowl on the left of the Displays settings and screenshot the Prowl action's preferences?

Make sure there's any API key in there: hit generate on the right if there isn't.

Qluraqan
Harmless

Postby Qluraqan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am

▶ Is it not the last screenshot? Prowl it's selected on blue, and in the main window says No Display Preferences. I don't see the [Generate] option anywhere.

Sorry if I'm bothering you too much. But I'm quite desperate here :(

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 am

This sounds like a bug in Growl which I haven't seen before. Check out https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... owldiscuss to see if they've seen it.

For the record: what version of Growl is it?

Return to “Prowl”