Prowlmail: nobody option issue

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
toto
Harmless

Prowlmail: nobody option issue

Postby toto » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 am

Hi,

It seems there is an issue when mail message body is filtered out by nobody option: although notifications are duly received in Prowl 1.4 (iOS 6.1), redirection action would not be triggered.
If I remove nobody option flag then actions are properly triggered.
strip and nohash options do not seem to have this issue.

Is that an issue on server side (somehow malformed notification sent), or on client side (expects something that is removed with body)?
Thanks.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowlmail: nobody option issue

Postby zac » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Hmm. Interesting, I think I know why this is happening. When there's no body, we use the subject as the body, so anything you have matching the event is going to end up not matching since it's not there.

This will likely require a client-side change to get it working. :/

toto
Harmless

Postby toto » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I see..
Indeed if I remove the subject from the action filter, action works: issue is that subject can be a good filter to trigger different actions...

Can't you just have the server make-up a "dummy" body then (either with just a " " character or even copying the subject), but still keep the subject in place?
This would avoid changes in clients.
Thanks!

sara736
Harmless

Postby sara736 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:01 am

I installed the beta on Snow Leopard I noticed that when I try to scroll when connected to any host, its kind of slow and not as responsive as it should be. Is this something known to be fixed or does anyone know how to fix this?
sara

Return to “Prowl”