Prowl URL Attribute

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
Legusol
Harmless

Prowl URL Attribute

Postby Legusol » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I am currently trying to setup our Nagios monitoring software to send Prowl notifications. I have it sending notifications without problem but I have run into and issue with the URL attribute.
I have the URL attribute sending the following:

Code: Select all

nagiosss://nagiosserver/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=$HOSTALIAS$&service=$SERVICEDESC$

The nagiosss is for the OnCall app. The problem that I am having is that when I click the notification and it prompts me to open the URL, it is only showing:

nagiosss://nagiosserver/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2

cutting off the following from the rest of the URL.

&host=$HOSTALIAS$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
. Just as a trial, I removed the ampersands (&) that are separating the querystring parameters so that I was sending

nagiosss://nagiosserver/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2host=$HOSTALIAS$service=$SERVICEDESC$

and when Nagios sent the alert it sent with the entire URL. It appears that the Prowl App is cutting off everything after the first querystring parameter.

I checked the forums and didn't see where I should be substituting the & for something else. I tried send using the html version of the & as & but is still cut everything off after the ....type=2.

Next I tried placing my URL into the description/notification portion of the Prowl alert so that a URL would be in the alert itself and when I received the alert the entire URL displayed correctly. I was able to click the URL and it opened OnCall without any problems. I just thought that maybe I was overlooking something with Prowl and though I can use this work around it would be nice to be able to open OnCall via the alert instead of having to open Prowl and then click my link to open Oncall.

Any suggestions and did I miss something.

Thanks in advance. :???:

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowl URL Attribute

Postby zac » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:13 am

Can you show me the full HTTP request you're sending to the Prowl server?

Return to “Prowl”