Vanishing History

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
AndY_rM
Harmless

Vanishing History

Postby AndY_rM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello,

For the last few weeks, my notification/message history within the iOS app (on both iPhone and iPad running iOS 6.1.3) seems to vanish/delete itself whenever I pull in new messages. Only 4-6 messages at most seem to remain at any given time. I used to be able to keep thousands of old messages. I have plenty of free space left on both devices.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this, and/or how to solve it?

Thanks!

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Vanishing History

Postby zac » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 am

That's strange. How old are the old notifications? Prowl will delete notifications after 10 days, but won't auto-delete any time before that.

This is a requirement of Prowl that I'm looking to get rid of soon, likely with a future version.

AndY_rM
Harmless

Re: Vanishing History

Postby AndY_rM » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 am

Hey zac,

zac wrote:Prowl will delete notifications after 10 days, but won't auto-delete any time before that.

It does? I've honestly never noticed that, but if that's the case, then that would definitely explain it. My Prowl traffic is a lot lighter these days, so that's probably why I'm only noticing this now.

Since I'm guessing the app's notif history is stored locally, it would be great to be able to keep it (preferably indefinitely). I've had to look up a few old notifs on occasion, so I would find it useful.

Either way, thanks for the info!

Return to “Prowl”