GrowliTunes: Changing what is displayed?

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
stevekelley

GrowliTunes: Changing what is displayed?

Postby stevekelley » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:28 pm

Currently it displays information I have no need and makes it a bit cluttered. I'd like to set what text is displayed. Is this possible in any way?

In some applications, I've seen templates like "%A - %S" where %A = artist, %S = song. This would be very cool since I don't really need anything else.

If this is totally impossible, this is a feature request.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:38 pm

This is not currently possible. GrowlTunesPlugin, possibly released with Growl 1.1 or soon thereafter, will support customizable information on these notifications.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

veke
Latté

Postby veke » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:52 pm

Will the stand-alone application still be developed? I use the DockArt plug-in in iTunes and would like to still be able to use that, with the Growl iTunes notification. ASAIK you can not use 2 iTunes plug-ins at once?

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:41 pm

veke wrote:Will the stand-alone application still be developed? I use the DockArt plug-in in iTunes and would like to still be able to use that, with the Growl iTunes notification. ASAIK you can not use 2 iTunes plug-ins at once?

No, the stand-alone application is no longer under development and will not be. There shouldn't be a conflict in iTunes to my knowledge, most all of the active devs have been using GTP quite regularly over the past few months (myself included.)
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me

#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))

Have you hugged a programmer today?

rudy
Growl Team

Postby rudy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:19 am

GrowlTunesPlugin isn't directly tied to the iTunes enabled plugin checkmark. so you can continue to use other iTunes plugins at the same time as growltunes.

in the realm of customizing the content of the notification, currently GTP doesn't support custom ordering of the tags, but it does have a checkbox for:
Artist
Album
Genre
Disc
Composer
Year
Rating
Album Art (if unchecked it places the iTunes icon in the notification in lieu of any album art).

it also has a global hot key for displaying the currently playing track's notification again.

-rudy

veke
Latté

Postby veke » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:09 pm

Sounds great! Thanks guys :) Happy Xmas!

lani
Harmless

Re: GrowliTunes: Changing what is displayed?

Postby lani » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm now using the last version of GrowlTunes, and still don't see any option to set what to be displayed... Nothing changed?

rudy
Growl Team

Re: GrowliTunes: Changing what is displayed?

Postby rudy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:41 am

Its still on the ToDo list, I had a mockup on my Mac Pro that made use of NSTokenField to get the layout done but i never did finish it up.
C4 & Demolitions Expert / Ambrosia Software, Inc. / http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/

Return to “Growl”