itunes displaying two notifications per song...

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
fnarfy
Harmless

itunes displaying two notifications per song...

Postby fnarfy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:22 am

So I'm relatively new to os x, and I accidentally installed the Logitech Control Center for my mouse without realizing that it screws up a bunch of stuff in the OS and other programs (something about a bad APE, not entirely sure). While I had it installed, I tried to install a bunch of different iTunes->growl notifiers, and none of them worked except for Last.FM... I uninstalled the LCC this afternoon, and finally growltunes started working (which was the one I wanted anyway), so i switched off Last.FM in the growl prefs. Now whenever I play a song, two notifications come up. One is clearly growltunes, has the rating and album art, and the other one just has an iTunes logo in the corner with the song name, artist and album (but nothing else). I can't figure out where this second one is coming from, but I know it's not Last.FM as not only did I switch it off, but it doesn't display an itunes logo, it shows an audioscrobbler logo. I went through my Applications and Utilities folders, as well as the growl prefpane, but couldn't find anything that could be causing this... Anyone have any ideas what it might be coming from?

Thanks,
Ben

clintobean14
Muffin

Re: itunes displaying two notifications per song...

Postby clintobean14 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 am

quicksilver has itunes notifications, omnigrowl does too. you definitely have some other application sending itunes notifications to growl

fnarfy
Harmless

Re: itunes displaying two notifications per song...

Postby fnarfy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

thanks so much, it was quicksilver. you've just solved one of my only annoyances with my new mbp :-)

Return to “Growl”