growl program request

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
azulero1981
Harmless

growl program request

Postby azulero1981 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 pm

not sure where exactly to post this ... there's a program I'd like to see someone write for growl ... I don't know how to write/code programs unfortunately :'(

like many people, I collect quotes ... funny, inspirational, intellectual, whathaveyou ... and they sit in a text file where I hardly ever look at them ... would be nice if there was a program that used growl that I could plugin all my quotes and it would randomly (or by user defined intervals) pop a quote up or maybe by keystroke for a bit of peace of mind in a stressful moment without having to leave one's workflow ...

thoughts? thanks!

clintobean14
Muffin

Re: growl program request

Postby clintobean14 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:53 am

Omnigrowl does something like this, with its intermitten random quotes/phrases that are by Brian Eno, you could contact that developer, or get the source code from them and try yourself.

Wooden Brain Concepts
Latté

Re: growl program request

Postby Wooden Brain Concepts » Tue May 06, 2008 1:33 pm

OmniGrowl also has a plug-in architecture that can call your own script at certain intervals or at certain minutes of the hour. This is exactly the sort of use this would work for.

If you have trouble writing such a script (just a few lines it would take) contact me by email.

Return to “Growl”