Growl Not Displaying Any Applications

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
joshbuhler
Harmless

Growl Not Displaying Any Applications

Postby joshbuhler » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm using Snow Leopard and Growl 1.2.

After the upgrade to SL, some of my apps were displaying their Growl notifications incorrectly. I was using 1.1.3, so I uninstalled Growl, and then reinstalled 1.2. Now, Growl is running, I'm receiving notifications, but they're not in the format that I want them. However, I can't change them on a app-by-app basis like I used to, since the list of Applications in the Growl Pref. Pane is now empty. I've shut down all of my Growl-enabled apps and re-launched them, but they aren't appearing in the list anymore.

Is there anything I can do to get these apps to show up in that list again?

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Growl Not Displaying Any Applications

Postby boredzo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

joshbuhler wrote:I'm using Snow Leopard and Growl 1.2.

I believe you mean “1.2b1 pre-release 1”, which is the only 1.2-series distribution that exists from an official Growl source outside of the source repositories.

1.2 final does not exist yet.

Growl is running, I'm receiving notifications, but they're not in the format that I want them.

Please post screenshots.

However, I can't change them on a app-by-app basis like I used to, since the list of Applications in the Growl Pref. Pane is now empty.

Growl won't show a notification from an app that hasn't registered with it, and if that list is empty, then no apps are registered.

That's assuming we aren't looking at a really weird bug, which is entirely possible. Please post output from GrowlHelperApp and System Preferences in the Console log (in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app).

0x6D65
Harmless

Re: Growl Not Displaying Any Applications

Postby 0x6D65 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

I had exactly the same problem (ok, at least Adium was showing up) and managed to find a solution. This may seem a bit weird, but after looking at my the console output, it seemed that my non-functioning installation of Inquisitor was the problem. After removal (just delete /Library/InputManager/Inquisitor and restart Safari / Webkit) the applications started showing up immedately.

Hope that helps

Return to “Growl”