Do not leave me notifications

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
thekiliam
Harmless

Do not leave me notifications

Postby thekiliam » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi, first sorry for my English, I used the Growl and all perfect, but I upgraded to version 1.2 and now I get installed and apparently it's all good except that I skipped the ads, ie they have active but if I get an email, if I speak for Adium or any other application does not make me absolutely nothing.

I tried to put the previous version 1.1.6 and nothing, now it seems that whatever I do not I get no warning, I checked that is the implementation of Adium, which is put the position on the screen ... the strange thing is that when they configure and give a "preview" if I get.

I have an iMac with Mac OS X v.10.5.8

I would appreciate any help, for me this application is very useful to me.

If you need any more, tell me and I will.

Thanks and best regards.

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Do not leave me notifications

Postby boredzo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Try this:

1. Remove an application from Growl's list of applications.
  2. Quit System Preferences.
  3. Launch the application you removed.
  4. Return to the list of applications.

Does the application re-appear in the list?

This will establish whether applications are talking to Growl.

thekiliam
Harmless

Postby thekiliam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks for your prompt response.
I did what you had indicated and loads applications still do not work perfectly but the warnings, the installed the way I appear, but said the ads do not work yet.
Gorwl seems to work but not, does not leave any error or warning message in no time. The strangest thing I find is that pressing "Preview" if I see the ads, I can change them, but only out there. I even revised Adium appears in the ads between the options of the program Growl notices.

This is very strange, what could be happening?

Please help me, would anyone else has this happened?.

Thank you.

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby boredzo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:31 pm

thekiliam wrote:I did what you had indicated and loads applications still do not work perfectly but the warnings, the installed the way I appear, but said the ads do not work yet.

What?

thekiliam
Harmless

Postby thekiliam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Sorry for my English, I wanted to say is that all applications do appear in "Applications" (Adium, Gmail Notifr, Spotify ...) in the Growl preference pane and all are enabled (enable), I followed the steps you told me but, for example, when I get an email or someone speaks for Adium does not leave any notification.

What do you think might be? Is it a strange situation mu?

Thanks for your help, if you need to prove or explain anything else let me know.

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby boredzo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 am

thekiliam wrote:I wanted to say is that all applications do appear in "Applications" (Adium, Gmail Notifr, Spotify ...) in the Growl preference pane and all are enabled (enable), I followed the steps you told me but, for example, when I get an email or someone speaks for Adium does not leave any notification.

Make sure Adium is configured to use Growl. Check the Preferences in Gmail Notifier and Spotify as well—they may also have preferences controlling whether they use Growl.

BTW, Google replaced Gmail Notifier with the more-general Google Notifier, so you may want to upgrade.

thekiliam
Harmless

Postby thekiliam » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks I did what you said and it worked.

A greeting.

Return to “Growl”