Problem: Folders Downloaded without Files

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
Robert E
Harmless

Problem: Folders Downloaded without Files

Postby Robert E » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm just now learning about ftp so this may be a routine beginner's problem but I'm having a terrible problem downloading entire folders containing nestled folders and files. I can download individual files but whenever I attempt to download a folder with multiple folders and nestled files, the transfer fails; specifically, I get a transfer incomplete message from the transfer window. I need to download hundreds of files nestled in folder/subfolder/subsubfolder configuration and can't possibly do it manually because of the complicated folder structure and number of files. I've tried the menu command "action-download" and the drag-and-drop method. Both resulted in partially copying the folder structure but missing all files before failing. And while drag-dropping I somehow vaporized an entire folder, a very bad thing to do.

I'm running Mac, Tiger 10.4.11.

Any help greatly appreciated. If I can't download these files I'm going to have to get a windows computer, as dreadful as that sounds.

pduhamel
Harmless

Re: Problem: Folders Downloaded without Files

Postby pduhamel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:15 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. This problem appeared when the 1st revision for Snow Leopard was released. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mynechimki
Harmless

Re: Problem: Folders Downloaded without Files

Postby mynechimki » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm having the exact same problem! Any work-arounds? I just downloaded every folder and contents individually... not fun.

Return to “Cyberduck”