Adium Started Crashing ALL the time!

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
eenu
Harmless

Adium Started Crashing ALL the time!

Post by eenu »

All of a sudden two or three days ago adium has been crashing on my. It's random but very regular.

I have reinstalled and it doesn't help! I haven't changed anything on the system either.....

Can anyone help?
FredAkbar
Crema

Post by FredAkbar »

On your...? And what OS are you running, and what version of Adium?

Note that "reinstalling" Adium by redownloading it and deleting the old Adium.app usually doesn't do much; all of Adium's settings are kept in ~/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/. Try moving that folder out of its location (don't delete it; developers might want to look at it if it's the source of your crashing, and it contains your IM logs and such), and relaunching Adium.

And I didn't know something could be both random and regular :). Maybe I'm being thick; what did you mean by that? Just regular in the sense that it happens often?
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.
eenu
Harmless

Post by eenu »

FredAkbar wrote:On your...? And what OS are you running, and what version of Adium?

Note that "reinstalling" Adium by redownloading it and deleting the old Adium.app usually doesn't do much; all of Adium's settings are kept in ~/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/. Try moving that folder out of its location (don't delete it; developers might want to look at it if it's the source of your crashing, and it contains your IM logs and such), and relaunching Adium.

And I didn't know something could be both random and regular :). Maybe I'm being thick; what did you mean by that? Just regular in the sense that it happens often?
Sorry wsn't aware adium worked on anything but OS X! Running 0.89.1 and regular means it happens all the time
Tipo 61
Grandé

Post by Tipo 61 »

eenu,

He wants to know what version of OSX that you are running. Adium only works on 10.3-10.4
eenu
Harmless

Post by eenu »

Tipo 61 wrote:eenu,

He wants to know what version of OSX that you are running. Adium only works on 10.3-10.4
10.4.8 on a 24" iMac.

Worked fine until 4-5 days ago :(
The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by The_Tick »

Intel imac? Using msn?
eenu
Harmless

Post by eenu »

The_Tick wrote:Intel imac? Using msn?
huh?
FredAkbar
Crema

Post by FredAkbar »

He's asking if your iMac is an Intel one, and whether you're using the MSN service with Adium (as opposed to AIM, Yahoo!, etc.).

He needn't have asked about Intel, since all 24" iMacs are Intel, but what service you're using might be relevant.
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.
Catfish_Man
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Catfish_Man »

iirc he's asking because MSN on Intel has a known crash in 0.89.1.
FredAkbar
Crema

Post by FredAkbar »

Yeah, I thought the two might be connected like that, like Intel Mac + MSN = known issue.
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
eenu
Harmless

Post by eenu »

yes its intel. I use aim, msn, yahoo and gmail.

Had it running fine for a month or so until a week ago.

Are the adium boys working on this one then?
bgannin
Growl Team

Post by bgannin »

It's (possibly) been resolved in the beta. As to another release in the meantime to address it, I don't know, but I doubt it [though anything is possible.]
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?