can't recieve file transfer

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
kitamark
Harmless

can't recieve file transfer

Post by kitamark »

why can't i recieve file transfers?
i can send them, but not recieve.

i have the latest adium

whats the problem....

someone help me please~!
djbsquared
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by djbsquared »

what version is the latest? are you behind a router? what version of the OS? What kind of internet? Help us out here, these are not black and white issues.
Zeremus X
Crema

Post by Zeremus X »

The file transfer really doesnt work right in the stable version. The beta seems to be working alright though. Theres a whole thing on this in the adium wiki but I don't know the link.
djbsquared
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by djbsquared »

You should really wait to get all the information before giving out potentially bad info. It is also not beyond posters to include this info when requesting help.
jodyann
Harmless

Post by jodyann »

I'm having the same problem. I've had it with the beta versions and am now getting the same problem with Adium 1.0.

I am running OS X 10.4.8.

I am connected to a router (Linksys WRT54GX2). I have tried forwarding ports 5190-5200.

I am using AIM to receive the transfer and my friend is using AIM (via Trillian) to send it. I can send files to my friend but not the other way around. I receive a message that the file transfer was initiated and begun then a popup that the file transfer was cancelled on the senders side. It definitely was not.

Please let me know if more info is required to answer this question. I have read the wiki files on file transfers and have done searches in the forums for possible other solutions.

Thanks for your time.
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

In Adium 1.0, there is a bug when receiving files over AIM in certain situations... which apparently you're hitting. We're working on a fix.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
tolldog
Harmless

file transfer problems

Post by tolldog »

I have the same problem.
Under the betas 16+ I have been unable to do adium to adium file transfers via AIM. Both of us are behind linksys routers without port forwarding setup.

It works in 15. We keep trying the latest beta, and in this case we tried 1.0 as well. It just does not transfer.

In some cases, when the transfer fails, my adium crashes, and I can't log back in to aim until I restart my router.
dangr
Harmless

The Opposite Problem...

Post by dangr »

Hey, I have the exact opposite problem, but I figured this might be a good place to post it anyway. I can receive file transfers, but hen I send them, it just says initatiting file transfer forever, and the other person never gets the response. I'm using a macbook, with the latest OSX, and the latest Adium, and I'm using wireless through a college router, (so I'm assuming I can't change anything with that, or forward ports or whatever) If you think that might have something to do with the problem, and you know a way around it, please let me know, otherwise any other help or sugestions would be appreciated. Right now I just have to switch to iChat to give anyone anything, which is rather annoying. Also, if you need any more information on the problem, please let me know (either a private message or continuing on this forum) and I will try to give it to you.

Thanks,
DGR
The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: The Opposite Problem...

Post by The_Tick »

dangr wrote:Hey, I have the exact opposite problem, but I figured this might be a good place to post it anyway. I can receive file transfers, but hen I send them, it just says initatiting file transfer forever, and the other person never gets the response. I'm using a macbook, with the latest OSX, and the latest Adium, and I'm using wireless through a college router, (so I'm assuming I can't change anything with that, or forward ports or whatever) If you think that might have something to do with the problem, and you know a way around it, please let me know, otherwise any other help or sugestions would be appreciated. Right now I just have to switch to iChat to give anyone anything, which is rather annoying. Also, if you need any more information on the problem, please let me know (either a private message or continuing on this forum) and I will try to give it to you.

Thanks,
DGR
Please make a new thread.
The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: file transfer problems

Post by The_Tick »

tolldog wrote:I have the same problem.
Under the betas 16+ I have been unable to do adium to adium file transfers via AIM. Both of us are behind linksys routers without port forwarding setup.

It works in 15. We keep trying the latest beta, and in this case we tried 1.0 as well. It just does not transfer.

In some cases, when the transfer fails, my adium crashes, and I can't log back in to aim until I restart my router.
In beta 15 we used joscar. In beta 16+ we are back to using libgaim. We've got people working to iron out things that aren't working in libgaim where possible, this is just one of them.
KathleenLePirate
Harmless

Post by KathleenLePirate »

I am also having the problem where I can send, but not receive. Maybe (maybe not) this can help you narrow down the problem: I connect directly to my ISP via wireless or wired connections (I live in a college dorm). My ports 5190-5200 are open. I have 10.4.8 (PPC) and Adium 1.0.
Usually the transfer will say "waiting to initiate" (or whatever) and then on the senders end it will say I cancelled. Then I cancel mine out. It does not crash.
djbsquared
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by djbsquared »

College networks are crazy things, this may just be one of those problems that we have no control over. If you could try it somewhere else, a coffee shop or a friends apartment and see what works that would be a bigger help in narrowing down the issue.